We read on board diagnotic codes associated with the check engine light, report findings, and help you evaluate possible repair solutions.
What you need to know
The check engine light can come on for any number of reasons -- ranging from larger issues such as needing to replace your catalytic converter to very minor issues like your gas cap being loose. Here are some of the most common reasons the check engine light comes on:
- Oxygen sensor needs to be replaced
- Gas cap is loose or damaged
- Catalytic Converter needs to be replaced
- Mass Air Flow Sensor needs to be replaced
- Spark Plugs need to be replaced
- Faulty ignition coil
As soon as the light appears.